Witt Kieffer has been retained by Holly Hall, located in Houston, Texas, to assist in the recruitment of a Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Founded by a group of civic-minded Houstonians in 1949, Holly Hall is Houston's first retirement community. A strong history of community support and philanthropy has allowed Holly Hall to keep its vibrant legacy of caring and community involvement alive. A 51-member board of directors governs Holly Hall, and the administrative staff oversees Holly Hall's daily operations. Many staff members have served Holly Hall residents for decades.
Holly Hall Retirement Community is a unique, non-denominational Christian retirement community, which provides a range of care from independent living, assisted living to full nursing care. Holly Hall's commitment to sustaining independence and providing a rich quality of life for Houstonians 65 and over has been its hallmark for over 60 years. Since opening in 1952, Holly Hall has been home to over 1,200 residents, several of whom lived at Holly Hall for over 30 years. Throughout its 60-year history, Holly Hall has stayed true to its mission of adding years to life and life to years.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Holly Hall is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative leader to partner with Holly Hall's Board of Directors and Leadership Team to position the organization for continued success. Holly Hall's next CEO will ensure that Holly Hall leverages their strong reputation and continues to focus on delivery high quality and resident-focused care. The new CEO will lead all efforts to develop important programs and services to address the needs of residents and seniors in the community.
The ideal candidate for the CEO role at Holly Hall will be an experienced and proven senior living leader. An undergraduate degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or a related field is required. A graduate degree in Business Administration or Health Care Administration and a minimum of seven years of progressive leadership experience in senior living, healthcare, hospitality or business is preferred.
We welcome your confidential expressions of personal interest and nominations of qualified colleagues. Inquiries and questions concerning this search may be directed to the consultants assisting Holly Hall in this search, Diane Tanking and Lisa DeSimone, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assisted Living Director
The Glen Retirement System is seeking a full-time Assisted Living Director to provide oversight and leadership of our independent living, assisted living and a specialized memory care communities consisting of 130 residents age 62 and over.
We are looking for candidates that have Assisted Living management experience and a desire to make a difference!
Since 1898, The Glen strives to provide the best environment for seniors. Our focus is a “resident directed” philosophy that caters to each resident's individuality by respecting their choices, preserving their dignity and giving them every opportunity to live a purposeful life. We feel it is the best way to offer the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment that places the respect of our residents above all else. By embracing this philosophy, residents are happier and healthier.
ASSIGNED SHIFT: Shift is normally an 8 hour shift 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM but could be more or less and hours could be changed depending on the needs of The Glen. (Assignment may vary)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Responsible for day to day operations, overseeing daily care needs of residents, managing employees and oversees census development of The Glen Retirement System Assisted Living Facilities.
- Ensures resident pre-admission assessments and post-admit assessments are completed.
- Plans, directs, assesses and ensures a program of resident care which addresses the identified
social and physical needs of residents.
- Ensures assisted living facilities programming complies with federal, state and local laws
- Responsible for the coordination of daily services with the assisted living facilities,
including nursing, dining, housekeeping, activities and maintenance functions.
- Keep current on all changes in the industry, particularly regulatory changes as they
relate to Assisted Living and Dementia Care.
- Responsible for recruiting, screening, hiring, orienting, training, evaluation, discipline and
termination of key staff in consultation with CEO and/or Human Resource Director.
- Participates in evaluation and discipline of employees who work in assisted living.
- Responsible for resident census development.
- Responsible for payroll oversight and related approvals.
- Responsible for development and implementation of policies, procedures and
job descriptions in accordance with the Glen Retirement System.
- Participates in ongoing in-service education, including training staff on dementia care.
- Implements an effective risk management program, using and reviewing incident and
accident reports as well as exception reports.
- Establishes and maintains community relationships which enhance image and
services by providing outreach and information to the community.
- Ensures pertinent resident information is recorded, including, but not limited to:
assessments, changes in status, information from the communication log and updates
to the service plan.
- Maintains safe and productive work environment through regular inspections.
- Establishes relationships with residents, families, visitors and staff that promote
- Responsible for total financial management of operation-budget process, checks and balances,
monthly reporting, inventory control and protection of property for The Glen's Assisted
- Implements effective risk management program at all levels.
- Oversees the marketing events for the Assisted Living Community.
- Responsible for networking within retirement industry and community.
Other related projects, duties and responsibilities may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Supervises all staff directly or through supervisors.
- Supervises provision of all resident services
- B.S. Degree plus two (5) years of experience in health, social services, or geriatrics,
management or administration; or six (6) years of administration experience in the above or
or a master's degree in geriatrics, health care administration, or in human services related
field or be a licensed as Long Term Care Administrator.
- Current Assisted Living Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated success in census building, revenue generation, staff retention, customer
satisfaction and fiscal management.
- Must be able to fulfill job requirements in a high-energy, high-traffic area.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds; push, pull up to 90 pounds.
- Competitive salaries
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Employer paid Long Term Disability
- Employer paid Life and AD&D
- Supplemental Insurance available during open enrollment once a year
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan